Random Ramblings

Friday, June 24, 2005

Trip to Puerto Rico May 17-21, 2005

My brilliant boss, Bill Ferry came up with the idea that I should take vacation the week before our May layoff.

The original plan was to go to my Columbia University graduation. That didn't quite work out. Maybe next year....I wonder if Steven's even read my thesis yet.

Anyway, I digress.

I managed to have an amazing time with my father in Puerto Rico. We stayed at the El Conquistador Resort and Spa in Fajardo Puerto Rico.

Our room was great. We had a lovely covered balcony overlooking the golf course, mountains, and the Atlanic Ocean in the distance.






My father and I rented a car after 12 hours confined to the resort. Mobile and self-sufficient, we went into San Juan. We dined at the Parrot Club.

We visited the Governor's mansion, which apparently is the oldest governor's mansion in the western hemisphere still used as such. We also visited the Coach Store and some Church (OK the San Juan Cathedral) and Nunnery (uh, I mean El Convento), my father could tell you more about that or you can follow the link for more information.

Click here for my interesting stops in Puerto Rico. Click here for all of the PR photos.

No comments: