Random Ramblings

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Jeez. Now I'm Depressed

You know, things really aren't that bleak. Yes it sucks to be invisible. It's frustrating as hell. I must say "Don't you see me standing here?!" several times a week.

Everyone wants to be acknowledged. That's human nature. It's American nature.

The further truth is that there are things I'm pretty happy with. When I look in the mirror, I'm happy to see the face/body staring back at me. Ok. I want to lose 10 pounds, but who doesn't? I still look great in my bathing suit. I'm happy with my accomplishments, even if my current situation isn't ideal, I know that I have the background and drive to make things better. If nothing else, I can sit down and play the piano and have a creative release.

The frustration comes when I eventually say to myself:

How come no one else sees what I see?

That's probably why I have so many gay friends. They are free to appreciate and share those things without the pressure of having sexual attraction (or lack thereof) attached to any expression of appreciation.

Who knows?

No comments: