Random Ramblings

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some Days Life Just Sucks

I've been having a rough go of it for the past few days. Nothing monumental, just several annoyances poised to push me over the edge.

Let's start with my baby...my car.

After a wild goose real estate chase on Sunday, I left my dome light on in my car. Since I didn't have to go to work until 6:30pm on Monday, my first visit to my lovely auto was at 4pm. What did I find? A dim light on overhead, and a very dead battery.

It was raining, of course. No one had jumper cables (myself included). Finally, some guy and his girlfriend stopped to help. After two failed attempts to jump my car, I gave up, called Enterprise and got dressed for work.

While at work I noticed post - nasal drip that developed into frequent sneezing and slight misery. Julia and five people at work had the same exact thing. I vowed to go to the doctor on Tuesday. Would that be before or after I dealt with the car?

The doctor gave me meds, progressive sent out someone to unlock the doors (because fancy power locks, don't work without power, even if you use the key and not the remote.) The guy opened my doors, got the engine to turn over, but no fuel was going through and the car would not run. I needed a tow.

After 2 hours at the doctor, an hour waiting for the first service guy, an hour with the service guy trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my car, and 2 hours waiting for the tow company of Frick and Overly Fried Bimbo my poor car was finally on his way to Audi. My father began his hospital stay and I was resigned to paying for the rental car for another day. Somewhere around 6pm, the fever took over and sent me to dreamland.

The dealership still has no idea what is wrong with my car that has been in their possession for over 24 hours and now I’m paying by the hour. My father is in the hospital all by himself after getting some strange treatment, and I’m feeling pretty guilty for a) feeling bad because I’m sick and things aren’t going my way and b) for not being with my dad right now as he goes through his scary treatments.

I hope that things will turn around soon. I’m finished ranting for now. I’ll do Oprah’s plan of remembering the blessings before bed.

No comments: